Tuesday 24 March 2015

Colour theory

After looking at the drastic effect colour can make to a brand I want to explore the connotations of the current brands colours and assess ways of improving it.

I looked firstly at blue, its associated with stability, loyalty, intelligence and truth. These are all essential elements a strong brand should aim to portray to consumers to gain trust and brand loyalty. This gave me pleasure to know my initial thought of keeping the blue was a good one.


Red is also used for the type on the current brand. Although this has the meaning of love it also has negative connotations of stress and anger, two things I definitely do NOT want my re-brand to convey.


Black although having relation to death I feel when it comes to branding in particular definitely gives off the idea of elegance, power and formality. I addressed in my essay the fact that people often are drawn to buying products in the hope of gaining power and elegance. So black has become a consideration for a colour choice.


Green is associated with a lot of positives in the way of nature. But when reading that its often related to finance brands and banking this seemed inappropriate. I want my brand to give off the elements of class and fun (a good time) so green would do the opposite of this.



Orange and yellow both have connotations of happiness. Despite this I am unsure about using them in my re-brand as to me they remind me a little of my childhood. I want to make my product clearly for adults (considering its alcohol). They dont seem quite as appropriate as other options.

In summary im pretty sure black and blue (and white/negative) space would be a good starting point for my re-brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment