Thursday 13 October 2016

~ Research - physical ~

Looking into The Leeds revolutionary feminist group drew my eye to their publication newsletters as it is a clear use of graphic design, visual communication and distribution in terms of the subject "LGBT rights, issues & feminism". 

For this reason I decided to contact The Feminist Archive North. I asked them for advice on searching their online archives for information and they recommended searching the FAN database for
- Clause 28
- Adoption & custody
- & Lesbian rights

They also agreed to arrange a date in which I could come in to see the physical copies of the back catalogue of the WIRES publications. This is extremely valuable research for my dissertation as its the kind of individual research and subject matter than cannot be obtained online or in the standards libraries collection. 




She also advised me to look at Spare Rib magazine which has an online back catalogue - https://www.bl.uk/spare-rib




Clause 28 - 

The clause was only appealed and removed from the United Kingdom on 18 November 2003. 





No comments:

Post a Comment