Wednesday 12 October 2016

~ COP practical ideas - expansion ~

These are images I collected from my research and access to the FAN database. They show examples of LGBT underground press publications. They provide good sources of information and visual style inspiration 














Dear FAN I am writing to thank you for the access to the FAN archives collection (WIRES, newsletters & magazines). I found them incredibly helpful in terms of research material for my dissertation. As my dissertation is based in the field of graphic design we are required to produce a body of practical design work in coherence with the essay topic. I am personally fond of the current newsletters you produce and find the content really informative and interesting. But I think they would benefit of a visual re-vamp that would really help engage with and encourage a new audience (younger feminist groups) to read your newsletter. I wondered if you would be interested in a 'collaboration' as such in which you could provide the content for the next newsletter and I could design it as it would mutually benefit everyone. I have attached images of a recent design brief in which I produced a publication about feminism and female body hair as an example of my work. Would love to hear back for your view on this and to get involved. Thanks Izzie.

A link to the full project shown in the images is here - https://www.behance.net/gallery/36365923/Va-January



No comments:

Post a Comment