Monday 4 May 2015

Promotion - Frosty jacks (OUGD401)

I have decided as part of my re-branding to create mock ups of some promotional material the brand could extend onto. Promotional material is a really important part of branding as it’s the way people would find out about the all new Frosty Jacks. Its just as key as the actual products branding as often its the first point of contact between brand and consumer.



I started by creating a really simple billboard style poster. I placed the pattern in the background slightly so people hopefully see it around and it becomes a recognisable part of the brand along with the logotype. I wanted each part of my promotion to be consistent with the branding so no element would look out of place and unrecognizable.


I also wanted to draw the cider apart from other high quality brands. So I created cider cocktail posters. Drinking cocktails is considered high class so this would massively appeal to my target audience. I carried the same typeface and centrally aligned type to keep the brand consisted throughout the different media. These could be placed around bars to promote people to try new things (considered as an enticing part of a brand if it makes someone appear as 'adventurous').


I also did some mock ups of other products like bags and glasses that could be produced to further promote the brand. Bags and high class/considered/informed packaging would entice people into buying the product as it all seems like more effort has been put into pleasing the customer. Consumers like to feel as if they are being treated and free additions make buying things seem all the more worthwhile.

I think people would appreciate a brand that is consistent in making sure their range of promotional gear is large so they can be proud to own the glasses to go along with their favorite high class cider or walk out of the shop with an official bag. 


No comments:

Post a Comment